Monday, April 26, 2010

Well, I can't believe that I'm finally on my way to Uganda, Africa for a summer of service through HELP-International. The realism of finally leaving the country has just hit me as I am in the Chicago airport surrounded by British citizens and English accents, while we all wait to board our flight to London. As I listen to and observe the people around me, I feel foreign in my own country. It is all very exhilarating and I am beginning to feel excitement stir within me; excitement that I have been waiting for, but has been somewhat difficult to find. Until this moment, my peace of mind and peace of heart has been masked by the stress and anxiety that the life of a student often brings; however, when I think about the Ugandan children and the lives of others that will be changed through my decision to serve, it all becomes very clear and simple.

I have been blessed considerably in pursuing this venture. This moment of my life has been divinely set up for years before I even knew about it. It is so incredible to see how the events of my life have lead me here to this airport waiting to reach my destination of Uganda. The fears and stress of entering such a foreign country on my own have been dispelled with the knowledge that a good friend from home, who now lives and works in Uganda, awaits my arrival. Originally my co-country director and myself were supposed to fly out together, but the volcanic eruption in Iceland had a very different agenda for her. She will now arrive a few days behind me. I am so grateful that our Father in Heaven knows us so well and loves us so much that He literally plans the course of our life and the lives of those around us to work for our benefit and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment